AgeWell New York Medicaid Managed Long Term Care Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS)
Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS) is an alternative to traditional home care where Consumers can hire their own personal assistants (PA) and schedule their own hours.
- The personal assistant (PA) can be a friend neighbor, or in some cases a family member. A spouse or designated representative cannot be a PA.
- CDPAS is available to all Medicaid-eligible individuals authorized to receive personal care, home health or skilled nursing services.
- CDPAS is covered within the “benefit package” for your Medicaid Managed Long Term Care Plan (MLTC) coverage under AgeWell New York.
- You, as the Self-Directing Consumer, or your designated representative will hire, train, supervise, terminate, and dismiss PA’s as needed. Self-directing means you are capable of understanding the impact of your decisions, and are capable of training and supervising your own care.
- The Consumer, with the assistance of AgeWell New York, will choose an AgeWell New York contracted Fiscal Intermediary (FI). The FI is an entity that supports the employment relationship with your PA by providing certain PA training.
- If you do not have a person who can be employed as your PA, the FI can help identify candidates for you.
- AgeWell New York will assess your needs and develop a Person Centered Care Plan under the CDPAS Program.
For more information on the CDPAS, contact AgeWell New York Member Services at 866-586-8044 or TTY/TDD 800-662-1220.