LiveWell Searchable Formulary
Please enter drug name below and select Search or search a Therapy Category and/or Class.
2023 Tier 5 Formulary
We cover both brand-name drugs and generic drugs. Generic drugs have the same active ingredient formula as brand-name drugs. Generic drugs usually cost less than brand-name drugs and are rated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand-name drugs.
What is a Formulary?
A formulary is a list of covered drugs which represents the prescription therapies believed to be a necessary part of a quality treatment program. We will generally cover the drugs listed in our formulary as long as the drug is medically necessary, the prescription is filled at a network pharmacy, and other plan rules are followed. For more information on how to fill your prescriptions, please review your Evidence of Coverage.
How to Search For Drugs
Use the alphabetical list to search by the first letter of your medication. Search by typing part of the generic (chemical) and brand (trade) names. Search by selecting the therapeutic class of the medication you are looking for.
How to Request an Exception
- You can ask us to make an exception to our coverage rules. There are several types of exceptions that you can ask us to make:
- You can ask us to cover your drug even if it is not on our formulary (Non-Formulary Exception)
- You can ask us to waive coverage restrictions or limits on your drug (Quantity Limit Exception)
- You can ask us to provide a higher level of coverage for your drug (Tiering Exception)
- You can ask us to cover a drug that requires that you try other drug options first (Step-Therapy Exception)
You should contact us to assist you in requesting an initial coverage decision for a formulary, tiering or utilization restriction exception. When you are requesting a formulary, tiering or utilization restriction exception you should submit a statement from your physician supporting your request to Elixir Attn: Clinical Services, 7835 Freedom Avenue NW. North Canton, OH 44720. Or you and your provider can call 1-844-782-7670 TTY 711.
Generally, we must make our decision within 72 hours of getting your prescribing physician’s supporting statement. You can request an expedited (fast) exception if you or your doctor believe that your health could be seriously harmed by waiting up to 72 hours for a decision. If your fast request is granted, we must give you a decision no later than 24 hours after we get your prescribing physician’s supporting statement.
A Medicare-approved Part D sponsor