Tobacco use leads to serious health complications. Quitting smoking greatly reduces the risk of developing smoking-related diseases. Kicking this unhealthy habit takes a lot more than just saying it.
Quit smoking by following these tips;
- Pick a random day as your quit day or a specific date if you choose. Picking a day gives you a goal to work towards.
- Talk to your health care provider about ending your smoking habit. Ask about counseling and medications.
- Rid your home, car, office and other places of your past smoking and tobacco supplies. Don’t keep any cigarettes on hand.
- Have on hand items that can substitute for the cigarette you’re used to having in your mouth, such as sugarless gum, hard candy, cinnamon sticks and crunchy vegetables.
- Call 1-800-784-8669 (1-800-QUIT-NOW). The more support you have, the more likely you are to stop smoking successfully.